April 3, 2012

"We're Rockin' this bitch..."

It's been a while since I have posted anything. Consider it a good sign that I have been busy doing a savage amount of fun shit. WHO GOES OUT THIS MUCH IN MARCH?



Notably, after 20 years of adoration, I finally got a chance to see one of my  faves, Sir Ben Folds.



And he improved.
Someone shouted out "Rock this bitch!"
And he did. THEY did.
The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra was astounding.
The entire show was one of the best I have ever seen. I am so glad that, even though not a huge fan of Folds, Greg was able to come and share that with me. It was also excellent to know that just a few rows closer to the stage sat Shawn with his brother. Everyone that should have been with me was. Including a sweet guy from Calgary that sat beside me having the absolute time of his life.

That being said, the ever lovely Lindsey Walker and I have a date to see Kathleen Edwards on Monday and I am simultaneously excited and relieved. Greg had me convinced that he left it too long and the tickets were sold out. I almost keyed his car.
I have never missed a show since the release of Failer and I am certainly not starting now. Greg waited just long enough before I started selling off his comics to pay some dude named Ned on Kijiji. Perhaps some decadent Steak Tartar at Accent before the show?

Man, my life can be beautiful.

You can always tell the birth of spring in Edmonton between the sifts of snow by the way people begin to talk to each other... in excited, anticipatory tones. So many music shows. Comedy. Art shows all over our lives. We can barely keep our calenders straight.
"Which art show is this? Who is hosting this?"
 As Greg has said, when it comes to much needed R & R, Monday/Tuesday is our weekend. Starting Wednesday evening, we don't stop. And it never seems to get old. We do surround ourselves with some amazing people.

It is hard not to be grateful.




Aside: The annual Pirate Party/CF fundraiser/ Greg birthday bash is being held at the Artery this year, May 20th, and some pretty excellent people have agreed to be a part of it.

Of course they have.

Love you too, Marko.

No comments: